584 Capistrano Way
Stanford, CA 94305
Parking is limited. After 4 pm the pay lot and the 'A' lot next to Tresidder Union are free and there is parking at both sides of the I-Center and in the 'C' lot behind the I-Center (next to Lake Lagunita).
Parking information for the I-Center (PDF download) >>
Top of page
Transportation TO/FROM Airports
There are several ground transportation services operating between the airports and Stanford. Some of these include:
- South and East Bay Airport Shuttle at (800) 548-4664– service only from San Francisco Int'l. Airport (SFO) or San Jose Int'l. Airport (SJO). Reservations can be made on their web site. Offers a standard passenger van service to or from the airports. Reservations 24 hours in advance are recommended. One-way fares from the San Francisco and San Jose Airport to Stanford are currently $23.00 for a shared van and $89 for a private van (for booking on-line). If calling from outside of the U.S. use (408) 559-9477, but it is easier to book on-line thru the web.
- Super Shuttle: Reservations can be made on their web site. Offers 24-hour minivan door-to-door service to and from the San Francisco Airport (San Jose and Oakland Airports too). One-way fares from the San Francisco and San Jose Airport to Stanford currently start at $26 for a shared van and $75 for a private van/sedan. Reservations two days in advance are recommended and can be made on their web site. For information call (650) 558-8500, or 1 -800-258-3826. (Use 800 number if calling from outside of the U.S., but it is easier to book on-line thru the web.)
- San Jose Limo Service: http://www.sjlimoservice.com/Services.html (408)595-8330
Top of page
Local Transportation Services
- The Stanford Marguerite Shuttle
This shuttle service is open to students as well as the public, and is free all year round. The service is the main campus transport. The Marguerite stops at the Palo Alto CalTrain station. Maps and timetables are available at Tresidder Union and at Transportation Programs and online. For more information call (650) 723-9362 or visit the Marguerite web site.
- Santa Clara County Transit System (VTA– Valley Transit Authority)
Operates throughout Santa Clara County (including Palo Alto, Mountain View, Los Altos, San Jose, and cities further south). Maps and schedules are available at the Tresidder Information Desk. Exact change is required because bus drivers do not carry change. If you commute by bus regularly, a one-month pass for unlimited rides is a wise purchase. For more information, call (800) 894-9908 or visit the VTA website.
- SamTrans (San Mateo County)
Provides a network of north-south bus service on the Peninsula north of Page Mill Road in Palo Alto. The nearby bus stops are located on El Camino Real opposite the Stanford Shopping Center, at Galvez Street, at Serra Street and between Stanford Avenue and California Avenue. SamTrans bus KX will take you to the San Francisco Airport and to downtown San Francisco. Schedules are available at the Tresidder Information Desk. For more information call (800) 660-4287 or visit the SamTrans website.
Top of page
Provides train service between San Jose and San Francisco and cities along that route. Fares are higher than bus fares. Train schedules and fare information can be obtained at the CalTrain station in Palo Alto (Alma Street at University), and at Tresidder Union. For further information, call (800) 660-4287 or visit the CalTrain website.
- Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART)
Provides train service between San Francisco International Airport and cities along their East Bay route. BART connects with CalTrain at SFO. Fares are higher than bus fares. Train schedules and fare information can be obtained at their many stations. Note: BART does NOT have direct access to the Stanford campus except by transferring to the CalTrain. For further information, call (650) 992-2278 or visit the BART website.
Top of page
Taxis can be found at the CalTrain station or can be called to your home by phone (taxis do not cruise in this area). Local companies are listed in the telephone directory. Local fares are approximately $3.50 per mile and flat rates to/from SFO are around $100. All fares are subject to change. Most taxis have meters, but if not, the fare should be determined in advance.